Wednesday 18 July 2012

EzyDog Summit Backpack

Description: EzyDog Summit Backpack
Make: EzyDog
Where purchased: Amazon.co.uk
Price paid: £31.24
Darcys Comments: Its great I get to take my toys and some food and a bottle of water with me when whenever we go out for the day.
Darcys Mum Says: The practicalities of having Darcy carry her own bits and pieces when we go out are enormous. She can carry her food, water, toys, training lead, and poo bags, There is also usually room for some of my bits as well, meaning I have to carry far less with me. Going out for a day with Darcy used to mean I had to carry an entire backpack of stuff, a majority of which was hers, now she carrys all her own stuff and I only need a small bag for my keys, purse and mobile phone. There are a few issues with the backpack though. Firstly the fit isn't great. Despite tightening the straps as much as I dared without suffocating her, the pack still moves around a lot, both from side to side and also tips forwards easily. The side to side movement can be reduced by ensuring that the packs are evenly weighted, and the forwards movement reduced by ensuring the chest straps are snug and directly behind the front legs.  Another problem experienced regards the padded flaps (triangular in shape) below each pack that are supposed to prevent the straps from chaffing. However due to the fact they are not attached to the straps they frequently get flipped upwards under the packs themselves and serve no purpose and therefore leaving the straps to chaffe against the inside of Darcys elbows. This problem was resolved by the addition of a small piece of elastic to each triangular flap which the straps must be passed under before clipping together. Finally we have only been using the backpack since the middle of April but it has already developed a hole in the seam at the bottom of one of the bags. I think it happened because of strain on the straps when Darcy runs around whilst wearing the pack.
So overall its a really good product but it could do with a few design improvements.
Darcy Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment